QED

QED: Question.Explore.Discover. Twelve great speakers. Only £99

Countdown

Friday 22 October 2010

Darwin, God and The Meaning of Life



Today our speaker for March, Dr Steve Stewart-Williams, launched his book Darwin, God and The Meaning of Life: How Evolutionary Psychology Undermines Everything You Thought You Knew. I went along to meet him and get some free snacks! To my surprise he was about 8 feet tall, which I only noticed when he stood up out of his chair and appeared to keep on standing up past the expected amount. Intimidating as his height was, he was very welcoming. I had a good chat with him later on after he'd signed a few books. I also chatted to some of his colleagues from the psychology department, which made for some interesting discussion. Unfortunately I was too poor to afford one of his books, but I will definitely be getting a copy in the future, at which point I will track him down for his signature! It looks to be a very interesting read. I advise all of you to go out and buy it! I am very much looking forward to his talk and think it will lead to very interesting Q&A session.

On another note, it's less than 2 weeks till we launch! As you can probably tell from the countdown above come to think of it... November 4th, Monkey Bar, Dean Burnett, Nervous Laughter. Tell your friends! Look forward to seeing you all there :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment